Monday, March 26, 2012

Rose Gold Mixology

In honor of my new rose gold Fossil watch I got from my sister for my birthday, I wanted to paint my nails rose gold, as well. I searched Google for several brands and polishes, and Orly "Rage" seemed to be the general consensus. I went to Harmon's to purchase it and when I got there, it looks way too pink to be rose gold. 


I decided I would play mad scientist and mix my own polish to get the right hue. I didn't wind up leaving with Orly's "Rage" - I found that Nicole by OPI's "It Starts With Me" had even less of a pink tone. When I got home, I poured some of this polish into a shallow mug and added a little of OPI's Bling Dynasty (a shimmery gold I already had). I kept mixing and slowly adding until I got to the rose gold shade I wanted. And viola! I added a mint green accent nail on both my ring fingers because it serious between me and mint green.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment